Dating back to 1327, The Old Vicarage is located opposite the main church in Bridgwater, Somerset of St. Mary and is one of very few Grade II listed buildings in the town. It is on St. Mary Street which has a line of fourteenth century cottages including the Old Vicarage Hotel. In the sixteenth century Edward de Chedzoy gave the building to be used as a vicarage and that was how it remained until around a hundred years ago. The original building was built of wattle and daub, and a glass-covered example of this is exposed in the archway which leads to the back of the premises.
The Old Vicarage is certainly the oldest domestic premises in the town, only the church itself dates back any further. As a one-time coaching house, it continued life as the Steynings Tea Rooms and then reverted back to its Old Vicarage title as it is today. You can read more on the Bridgwater Town Council website here
and more about Bridgwater itself here.